AM-RRR: Remote Radio Receiver
The Model AM-RRR Remote Radio Receiver is designed for use with Linear’s access control systems. The AM-RRR functions as a remote device that extends the radio range or supplies localized radio reception.
Three antenna types can be used with this receiver. The cabinet mounted type F connector is for connection to the antenna. The local whip antenna (supplied) screws directly on to the receiver’s connector. The directional (EXA-2000) and omni-directional (EXA-1000) remote antennas wire to the receiver’s antenna connector with type RG-59 cable.
An on-board RADIO RANGE knob allows adjustment of the receiver’s gain. It can be set to limit the maximum radio range that the receiver can achieve. Two indicators display the receivers performance and operation. The two color red/green STATUS indicator lights red when the receiver is getting DC power and turns green when access is granted to a transmitter. The RADIO indicator lights when the receiver detects a radio signal. It can be used for trouble shooting and verifying system performance. Receiver test points are provided for listening to the incoming signals.
The receiver is housed in a weather-resistant enclosure and can be mounted indoors or outdoors. Gaskets and a weather-tight wiring strain relief seal the unit from the elements.Installation Manual
- Provides extended range for radio-based access control system
- Up to 500 foot radius radio coverage
- Weather-resistant housing for outside or indoor mounting
- Optional directional remote or omnidirectional remote antennas
- Integral radio gain control for adjustment of radio range
- Power supplied by access controller
- Compatible with all MegaCode transmitters
- Compatible with AM3Plus, AE1000Plus, and AE2000Plus ONLY
- RF frequency: 318 MHz
- 4.25” W x 6.25” H x 2.5” D without antenna
- Order number: ACP00500