A return authorization number assigned by your Nortek Security & Control (“NS&C”) representative must accompany all returned parts or product. Parts or product that are returned without a return authorization number will not be accepted.
Click here for more information on Commercial Entities and Government Limited Warranties and Returns (.pdf 320KB) Last updated Nov. 20, 2015 (10010071 X3)
Click here for information on our Consumer Retail Warranty. (.pdf 165KB)
Last updated Nov. 3, 2015 (10009884 X1)
Effective immediately, Nortek Security & Control, LLC (formerly known as Linear LLC) will no longer repair out of warranty products.
Customers are encouraged to purchase a replacement product for their needs.
Products under warranty will continue to be covered by our standard warranty and returns policy, outlined below.
For warranty service or returns on Nortek Security & Control / Linear equipment call for an RA Number.
Return Authorization Number (RA#) – call Returns: 1-855-546-3351
All products have Date Code labeling and/or serial number labeling to determine the warranty period.
Return Product Authorization Number (RA) – (Defective Product Only)
Dealers and Distributors are required to call Nortek Security & Control to troubleshoot product in question before an RA will be issued. An Application Engineer will troubleshoot and verify the product defect and assign a Troubleshooting Ticket Number. Please note you will be required to provide a current email address.
All defective products returned to NS&C for repair or replacement must be pre-approved by NS&C Returns and have an RA number assigned to the return. Dealers and Distributors please call NS&C Returns at 855-546-3351 or send an e-mail to email@example.com. RA requests for 2GIG products must complete an RA request form.
The following information must be provided to NS&C before any RA number will be assigned to authorize the return:
(1) Troubleshooting Ticket Number
(2) Customer’s name
(3) Customer’s shipping address (PO Boxes cannot be used)
(4) Customer’s telephone number
(5) Customer’s contact name
(6) The part number(s) being returned
(7) The quantity of each item being returned
(8) The product’s Date Code.
There is a label on all of NS&C products that indicates the date of manufacture of the product. This number displays the month and year that the product was manufactured. For example, the number 1432 indicates a manufacturing date of 2014, 32 week. Products where this number has been removed or altered will be treated as out of warranty.
Returned Authorization Number (RA) – Overstock Product Only
All product returned to NS&C must be pre-approved by a Customer Service Representative and have an RA number assigned to the return. Please call 800-421-1587 or 760-438-7000 and ask to talk to your Customer Service Representative. The following information must also be made available before any RA number is assigned to the return:
1. Customer name
2. Customer’s shipping address (PO Boxes cannot be used)
3. Customer’s telephone number
4. Customer’s contact name
5. The part number(s) being returned
6. The quantity of each item being returned
7. The product’s Date Code. (There is a label on all of NS&C’s product that indicates the date of manufacture of the product. This number displays the month and year that the product was manufactured. For example, the number 1432 indicates a manufacturing date of December 2014 week 32. Products where this number has been removed or altered will be treated as out of warranty.)
8. A Purchase order number. (The customer must issue a Purchase Order Number prior to processing the return).
9. Please note that some products like 2GIG products are not eligible for Overstock returns.